It's been 5 years since we've been able to sing happy birthday to my momma, and it doesn't get any easier. As a means to cope, remember, persevere, and continue on I like to try and celebrate the 23 years I got with her and in her honor enjoy two of her favorite things, chocolate and coffee. Each year, I find a picture that captures her essence, as a way to recognize that somehow she is still with me. Next to her family and friends, my mom LOVED chocolate and coffee and I inherently do too! Take a moment and do the same remembering the joy she brought you. I found this quote in a magazine I was reading, which I find important for anyone dealing with someone who is grieving should understand: "This is a moment for your friends and family to practice compassion. True sympathy means respecting the grieving process, selflessly and without expectation."
Monday, February 18, 2013
Eat - Drink - Remember
It's been 5 years since we've been able to sing happy birthday to my momma, and it doesn't get any easier. As a means to cope, remember, persevere, and continue on I like to try and celebrate the 23 years I got with her and in her honor enjoy two of her favorite things, chocolate and coffee. Each year, I find a picture that captures her essence, as a way to recognize that somehow she is still with me. Next to her family and friends, my mom LOVED chocolate and coffee and I inherently do too! Take a moment and do the same remembering the joy she brought you. I found this quote in a magazine I was reading, which I find important for anyone dealing with someone who is grieving should understand: "This is a moment for your friends and family to practice compassion. True sympathy means respecting the grieving process, selflessly and without expectation."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment